Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cute Little Apron

So I have decided the only way to beef up my sewing skills is to try to make something at least once a week... (I told myself once a day, but let's be realistic here!) With the help of the book titled One Yard Wonders, I followed along one of their projects in there, and made this cute little apron! It turned out pretty great if I don't say so myself.  I was very diligent when it came to pressing all the seams to make it straight...

Here's the final product:














I decided this will make a perfect gift for one of my wonderful sisters for her upcoming birthday :)

**I need some sewing advice from any of my followers: When sewing with my machine, I notice that the fabric gathers for some reason... I am trying not to pull the fabric as it goes through the machine and let the machine gently pull it through... I have loosened the tension on the top thread... do you think the bobbin thread needs to be adjusted? Any help will be very much appreciated b/c it messes up my sewing flow :)

Ciao for now!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment